We love the reef! Baby’s water-resistant formula is made without Oxybenzone or Octinoxate to help protect fragile reef ecosystems.
We’re committed to spreading sun safety awareness. Our Smart Cap Technology makes teaching kids to play safe in the sun easy. Watch the cap turn pink in harmful UV light as a reminder that it’s time for sunscreen.
Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen is the #1 pediatrician recommended mineral-based sunscreen brand and has been trusted by dermatologists for over 20 years.
- WE LOVE THE REEF – To help protect delicate coral reefs, our Baby sunscreen contains no Oxybenzone or Octinoxate
- MINERAL SUNSCREEN, NO CHEMICAL ACTIVE INGREDIENTS – Protects your skin by acting like thousands of tiny mirrors that reflect UV rays away before they enter your body
- DERMATOLOGIST-RECOMMENDED BROAD SPECTRUM UVA/UVB SPF 30+ – Mineral active Zinc Oxide provides true broad spectrum protection
- PARABEN-FREE & FRAGRANCE-FREE – Contains no fragrances or parabens, making it ideal for babies’ delicate skin
- WATER RESISTANT– Up to 40 minutes water resistance, so you stay protected longer
WHEN SHOULD I SWITCH MY CHILD FROM BABY SUNSCREEN TO KIDS SUNSCREEN?
We believe your sunscreen should match your lifestyle and skin type. One difference between the two products is that our Kids sunscreen is sweat resistant and water resistant for 80 minutes, while our Baby sunscreen is water resistant for 40 minutes. However, if your child has sensitive skin or other skin concerns, our Baby sunscreen might remain a better choice for them or you might transition them to our Sensitive sunscreen instead of our Kids sunscreen. Your child’s pediatrician or dermatologist can provide specific guidance on which sunscreen is the better option for their skin type and lifestyle needs.
While we strive to keep the Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Baby ingredient lists on this website as accurate as possible, we cannot guarantee 100% correctness all the time. We do guarantee the accuracy of the printed ingredients list on the product packaging..
- Zinc Oxide 10%
- Titanium Dioxide 5%
Alumina, Aluminum Stearate, Beeswax, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chlorphenesin, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Hexyl Laurate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG-7 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propanediol, Purified Water, Sorbitan Oleate, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP Hexadecene Copolymer
Helps prevent sunburn and photo-damage caused by UVA/UVB exposure. Higher SPF gives more sunburn protection. If used as directed with other sun protection measures (see Directions), decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging caused by the sun.
- When using this product keep out of eyes.
- Rinse with water to remove.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if rash or irritation occurs.
- Do not use on damaged or broken skin if allergic to any ingredient.
- If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center.
- Shake well prior to use.
- Apply liberally to dry skin 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- For topical use only.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Children under 6 months of age: Ask a doctor.
SUN PROTECTION MEASURES
Spending time in the sun increases your risk of skin cancer and early skin aging. To decrease this risk, regularly use a sunscreen with a broad spectrum SPF value of 15 or higher and other sun protection measures including:
- Limit time in the sun, especially from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, hats and sunglasses.
- After 40 minutes of swimming or sweating
- Immediately after towel drying
- At least every 2 hours
- Protect the product in the container from excessive heat and direct sun.
- May stain some fabrics
- Standard shipping is $5.99 per order.
- Standard shipping is only available within the continental United States and uses USPS ground service.
- Weekend delivery is not available with standard shipping.
FREE STANDARD SHIPPING OFFER
- Standard shipping is free for all orders over $35. All standard shipping rules apply for orders using the Free Standard Shipping Offer.
- This offer is available for orders shipped to physical addresses within the continental United States.
- The Free Standard Shipping Offer can be used with other coupons and discounts, as long as the order total after coupons/discounts are applied is over $35. Orders totalling less than $35 after coupons and discounts are not eligible for the Free Standard Shipping Offer.
- Free shipping is only available using USPS ground service.
PREMIUM 2-DAY SHIPPING
- Flat rate of $15.99.
- Orders received after 2 p.m. ET may not arrive within 2 days.
- Premium Shipping is available only for physical addresses within the continental United States.
- Orders using Premium Shipping are typically delivered within 2 business days after the items have been picked up by the delivery carrier.
- Saturday delivery is available upon request.
EXPRESS NEXT-DAY SHIPPING
- Flat rate of $29.99.
- Express Shipping is the fastest way to get your order.
- Orders received after 2 p.m. ET may not arrive the next day.
- Express Shipping is available only for physical address within the continental United States.
- Orders using Express Shipping are typically delivered within 1 business day after the items have been picked up by the delivery carrier.
- Saturday delivery is available upon request
SHIPPING OUTSIDE THE CONTINENTAL U.S.
- Alaska: $12.65 for all orders under 25 lbs.
- Hawaii: $38.96 for all orders under 25 lbs.
- American Samoa, Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, Marshall Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Armed Forces Americas, Armed Forces Europe, Armed Forces Pacific: $13.00
- Currently, we do not ship to any areas outside of those listed above.
- Weekend delivery is not available.
- Shipping speed depends on delivery location.
- Please contact us for more information on shipping orders outside of the continental U.S.
- Shipments that no longer conform to the carriers box sizes or that weigh a large amount are considered special shipping.
- If desired, you can arrange for special shipping on almost any order.
- Contact us to arrange for special shipping.
We strive to deliver excellence in everything we do. If for any reason you feel we didn’t deliver, contact our team within 30 days from the date of purchase so we can make it right! Shipping is included with refunds or replacements. Please note that you may be required to return the product but shipping will be on us.
WHERE CAN I FIND BLUE LIZARD AUSTRALIAN SUNSCREEN?
In store: Our sunscreens are currently available at Target, Walgreens and Walmart stores nationwide. The “Find a Retailer” button on each product page can help you find a specific product in a store near you.
At the pharmacy: Our sunscreens are also available through almost every pharmacy in the country. Ask your pharmacist to place an order directly to their store!
WHERE CAN I FIND SPECIAL OFFERS, DISCOUNTS AND COUPONS FOR BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN?
Subscribe to receive email news, updates and specials from Blue Lizard at the bottom of our homepage here. You can also follow us on social media for more special offers and product updates.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN FORMULAS?
This chart compares our 2019 lotions:
This chart compares our 2018 formulations:
DOES THE BOTTLE REALLY CHANGE COLOR?
Absolutely! All our sunscreen formulations come in our patented Smart Bottles™ or in tubes with Smart Caps™ that change color when exposed to UV light. Every tube cap or bottle turns from white or clear to blue, with the exception of our Baby bottle and tube cap, which turn pink.
DOES THE SUNSCREEN CHANGE COLOR?
The sunscreen itself does not turn blue or pink. It does start as white in the bottle, tube or stick and rubs in clear on skin.
WHY DO THE BOTTLES AND TUBE CAPS CHANGE COLOR?
We use a special dye in the plastic that is sensitive to UV light, so that when the bottle (or tube cap) is blue or pink, you know it’s time to apply sunscreen.
WHEN SHOULD I SWITCH MY CHILD FROM BABY SUNSCREEN TO KIDS SUNSCREEN?
We believe your sunscreen should match your lifestyle and skin type. If your child has sensitive skin and now needs a sweat and water resistant sunscreen, we recommend transitioning them to our Sensitive SPF 50+ lotions.
Your child’s pediatrician or dermatologist can provide specific guidance on which sunscreen is the better option for their skin type and lifestyle needs.
IS BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN RECOMMENDED BY PEDIATRICIANS?
Blue Lizard Sunscreen is the #1 pediatrician recommended mineral-based sunscreen brand.*
PROTECTION AND APPLICATION
DOES BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN PROVIDE BROAD SPECTRUM PROTECTION?
Yes. All Blue Lizard Sunscreen products provide broad spectrum coverage for both UVA and UVB protection. You can learn more about broad spectrum protection here.
IS BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN WATER RESISTANT OR WATERPROOF?
Blue Lizard Sunscreen started in Australia, where sunscreen standards allow stronger water resistance claims. Before moving to the United States, Blue Lizard Sport Original met the Australian criteria of 240 minutes water resistance and was tested in whirlpool (moving) water conditions.
In the United States, the FDA sets the standard for sunscreen water resistance claims. The FDA does not allow any sunscreen to claim that it is “waterproof,” “sweatproof” or capable of providing “all-day protection.”
Our 50+ SPF sunscreen sticks and lotions as well as our Sport, Sport Original, Active and Kids 30+ SPF lotions are water resistant for 80 minutes (the highest water resistance claim allowed by the FDA), and our Baby and Sensitive 30+ SPF formulas are water resistant for 40 minutes.
HOW SHOULD BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN BE APPLIED?
Blue Lizard Sunscreen should be applied to dry skin at least 15 minutes prior to sun exposure and/or water activities. Always remember to reapply at least every two hours (more frequently if swimming or sweating).
CAN BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN BE USED ON TOP OF A MOISTURIZER OR UNDER MAKE-UP?
Yes. Sunscreen should be applied to dry skin, so always allow your moisturizer to fully absorb before adding sunscreen. Our sunscreen should also be rubbed in and allowed to dry prior to applying make-up to ensure full-strength sun protection.
IS BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN SAFE TO USE ON INFANTS?
Parents should consult with their pediatrician before using any sunscreen on a child younger than 6 months. For children older than 6 months, we recommend our Baby or Sensitive products to minimize the risk of skin sensitivity.
IS BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN’S FACE FORMULA NON-COMEDOGENIC? WILL IT CLOG MY PORES?
Our Face and Sensitive Face formulas are non-comedogenic and won’t clog pores. Our other formulations have not been tested to determine if they are non-comedogenic.
HOW DOES SUNSCREEN WORK?
Sunscreens work by absorbing, reflecting or scattering UV light. Sunscreen active ingredients are either mineral (a.k.a. physical) protectants (reflecting, scattering) or chemical protectants (absorbing) in nature. Many sunscreen formulas contain a combination of mineral and chemical sunscreen ingredients (we call these mineral-based sunscreens). You can learn more about the difference between mineral and chemical sunscreen ingredients here.
WHAT DOES SPF STAND FOR?
SPF stands for Sun Protection Factor. It is the measure of UVB protection offered by a product. The number indicates how much sun exposure protected skin can handle before sunburn sets in. You can learn more about SPF here.
IS A HIGHER SPF ALWAYS BETTER?
Not necessarily. The FDA does not have adequate data demonstrating that products with SPF values higher than 50 provide additional protection compared to products with SPF values of 15-50. Most dermatologists recommend that everyone use a sunscreen with an SPF rating of 30 or higher. You can learn more about SPF here.
WHAT DOES BROAD SPECTRUM MEAN?
Broad spectrum means the sunscreen protects against both UVB and UVA rays and helps decrease the risk of skin cancer and sunburn. You can learn more about UVA and UVB rays and broad-spectrum sun protection here.
WHAT IS UVA PROTECTION?
UVA is known to contribute to wrinkles, age spots and skin cancer, including melanoma. You can learn more about UVA and UVB rays and broad-spectrum sun protection here.
WHAT IS UVB PROTECTION?
UVB is known to cause sunburns and can also play a role in the development of skin cancer and early skin aging. You can learn more about UVA and UVB rays and broad-spectrum sun protection here.
HOW DO THE FDA SUNSCREEN GUIDELINES AFFECT MY SUNSCREEN?
The FDA sets the guidelines for sunscreen labeling and testing and provides a list of known safe sunscreen ingredients. All Blue Lizard Sunscreens are FDA compliant.
Current FDA guidelines for sunscreen require product labels to provide more information indicating whether the sunscreen provides broad spectrum protection, what SPF rating the sunscreen has and if the sunscreen is water resistant for 40 or 80 minutes. The FDA does not allow any sunscreen to claim that it is “waterproof,” “sweatproof” or capable of providing “all-day protection.”
WHAT DOES "MINERAL-BASED SUNSCREEN" MEAN?
Mineral-based sunscreens combine mineral and chemical UV protectors for performance you can trust.
IS BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN TESTED ON ANIMALS?
No. Blue Lizard Sunscreen is not tested on animals.
DOES BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN CONTAIN NANOPARTICLES?
Nanoparticles are defined as being smaller than 100 nanometers. The Zinc Oxide in Blue Lizard Sunscreens is not a nanoparticle, but the Titanium Dioxide is classified as a nanoparticle. Both Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide are inert (a.k.a. non-reactive), coated and photostable. Studies have shown that neither are small enough to penetrate the skin barrier.
DOES BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN CONTAIN PABA?
No. All Blue Lizard Sunscreen products are PABA-free.
DOES IT CONTAIN CETYL ALCOHOL?
No, Blue Lizard Sunscreen does not contain cetyl alcohol.
DO BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREENS CONTAIN PEANUT OILS?
No, there are no peanut products or by-products used in any Blue Lizard Sunscreens.
DOES BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN CONTAIN PARABENS?
Blue Lizard Active, Baby, Face, Kids, Sensitive, Sensitive Face and Sport Sunscreens are paraben-free. Our Regular and Sport Original sunscreens contain parabens for use as a preservative.
DOES BLUE LIZARD CONTAIN SOY?
No. Blue Lizard Sunscreens do not contain soy.
DO BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREENS OR CONTAINERS HAVE PHTHALATES OR BPA IN THEM?
All of our formulas except Sport Original and Regular are phthalate free, as are our containers and closures.
None of our formulas, containers or closures contain BPA.
WHAT INGREDIENTS PROTECT SKIN FROM DAMAGING UVA AND UVB RAYS?
Every Blue Lizard Sunscreen contains Zinc Oxide, an FDA-approved mineral sunscreen ingredient that protects against the widest spectrum of UVA and UVB rays. Our Baby sunscreen lotions, Sensitive sunscreen lotions and Sensitive Face gel sunscreen also contain Titanium Dioxide, another mineral sunscreen ingredient. Some of our formulas also contain the following chemical sunscreen ingredients to boost sun protection: Octocrylene, Octinoxate and Oxybenzone.
IS BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN AN OIL/WATER EMULSION?
Active, Baby, Kids, Sensitive, Sport, Sport Original and Regular lotions are oil/water emulsions. Face and Sensitive Face are water gel formulations.
MY BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN BOTTLE IS YELLOWING. DOES THIS MEAN THE SUNSCREEN IS BAD?
This is an aesthetic issue that does not affect the quality or stability of Blue Lizard Sunscreen.
WHAT CAUSES THE PRODUCT TO SEPARATE?
Blue Lizard Active, Baby, Kids, Sensitive, Sport, Sport Original and Regular sunscreen lotions are oil and water emulsions that will separate over time (like a vinaigrette salad dressing). Certain conditions accelerate this separation, such as storage in an uncontrolled environment where significant temperature fluctuations occur (like a garage) or exposure to extreme heat (like in a car).
WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT PRODUCT SEPARATION?
Like a vinaigrette salad dressing, vigorous shaking should reform the emulsion and have no negative impact on the product quality. Do not pour off or only use the “liquid” portion, as this may negatively impact your sunscreen.
WE WANT TO GIVE AWAY BLUE LIZARD SUNSCREEN AT OUR EVENT. WHERE CAN WE GET SAMPLES?
Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen proudly sponsors local and national events by donating thousands of sunscreen samples a year.. To help us raise awareness around the importance of sun protection, we ask all of our event partners to select ways we can deliver a sun safety message to event attendees. Please complete the Event Sampling Request form here, and our team will review your request.
GIFT CARD FAQS
Our Gift Card FAQs are available here.
We strive to deliver excellence in everything we do. If for any reason you feel we didn’t deliver, contact our team within 30 days from the date of purchase so we can make it right.
Shipping is included with refunds or replacements. Please note that you may be required to return the product, but shipping costs will be on us.
OTHER QUESTIONS? CONTACT US.
*ProVoice survey, October 2018