Blue Lizard Zinc Oxide
Blue Lizard® Australian Sunscreen's zinc oxide is a physical, inorganic ingredient that is gentle on the skin and tough on the sun. This innovative form of zinc oxide is invisible when applied to the skin. It is extremely safe, non-staining, USP grade, photostable, efficient broad-spectrum physical/mineral protection for both UVB and UVA rays. It holds the distinction of being the only FDA Category I active sunscreen ingredient.
Unlike many chemical sunscreens – for example, Avobenzone or Homosalate -- it does not require special solvents or photo stabilizers. The result is simpler, gentler formulations with total sun protection.
Being recognized by the FDA as a Category I Skin Protectant/Diaper Rash Treatment, our zinc oxide is recommended for use on compromised or environmentally challenged skin and is ideal for dermatology patients.
Our zinc oxide is:
- Transparent and non-greasy
- Stable – does not degrade over time in the sun
- Complete broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection
- USP grade (pharmaceutical grade, which is higher quality than cosmetic-grade)
- The only FDA Category I sunscreen (considered safe and effective)
- Easy to preserve (very stable for long expiration dates)